Tuesday, September 4, 2007

*yawn* .. Surviving the First Day of School .. Manic! Arghh!!


I have not even reached work and it seemed like my body is so tired its screaming for bed! This morning was all chaos. It’s the first day of school. My laid back days are over! To complicate matters…it’s my son’s first day in high school too. This time he has to wear uniform in school. Dress shirts, dress pants, tie, vest and dress shoes. Took me two hours to press and prepare those last night. But it sure looked good on him this morning. Taking picture came across my mind in a fleeting moment and got distracted by more pressing matters. My daughter who is going for grade six is competing with all the attention her Kuya is getting. She suddenly wants to wear her blouse that has a tie too. Now I have to do two ties!!! I have no idea who invented that kind of knot you have to do with ties, it’s darn complicated!!

Funny…I was doing my sons tie when our dog started acting up and jumping at me whining. What the heck… does he want something now?? Suddenly, it dawned on me that the dog thought I was attaching a leash on my son and that I’m taking my son for a walk.!!! He’s probably thinking (or barking) that..’hey! Your putting the leash on the wrong son!!!' Hehe. I then realized that he’s been watching all the commotions happening this early morning. And to think this is all new to him too. So, I hugged him and said go get your own leash and I’ll take care of you next. He is so happy to obliged.

Then I went to get those lunch boxes prepared. I teased my son one more time before he go if he’s sure he doesn’t need ME to come along to school with him. He said, ‘don’t ever think about it, I maybe scared but you coming with me will even make it worst!’. With that, I knew he’ll be fine.

I reached work a bit late. My daughter has requested to be dropped to school. It’s not a big deal at work, they knew that on the first day of school, some mommy’s will be late. But I wished I had taken this day off. That isn’t exactly what I want too because tons of work are waiting for me. Just that all these running around was complicated by the fact that I went to sleep so late last night. I can’t help it. I have to watch the next 2 episodes of ROME 2. Now, I’m suffering the consequences.

The two-hour meeting this morning was SHEER TORTURE!!! My golly!! And the coffee isn’t doing its job either (probably slept late too, hehe). I knew it! As if I learned from the first time (during the ROME 1). I should start praying for the afternoon meetings right now instead of eating lunch. And maybe double the coffee too.

*yawn* and this evening will start my twice a week Fitness program … *groan*

No comments: