Tuesday, August 14, 2007

MEMOIRS OF A LOST FRIEND



I was rummaging through my drawer when my eyes were caught by a piece of paper folded neatly in quarters. As I look at the folded paper, my heart made a slight leap. I think I know what it is. I reached for it and slowly unfolded the paper and read.

It is the most beautiful letter I have ever received. As I read each word (which I have done so many times before), recollections of a beautiful past came flooding back. With a big deep breath, I sat back and allowed those memories to fill my being. Time stood, a much-needed respite. Savoring all the wonderful moments.

It’s not just the letter. It’s the endless talks and adventures that only the mind can reach. It’s a completely different world.

You might ask…is this letter from my now husband? If not… why in Gods name did I let him slip through??

Let’s just say, he came to my life a bit late and he’s also a bit too far. Two people located on opposite sides of the world. But then what we had was the most beautiful thing. For two people who have not physically met and find themselves in complete harmony is something beyond spectacular. Until this day, I remember him only with good thoughts.

Here’s an excerpt of the letter…”We have just ended our 3 ½ hour conversation and I feel like I could talk to you for another 3. It is very strange to feel so close to someone who I have never really met. I want to tell you how very special you are to me. Some of the experiences in my life have left me with a few negative perceptions about females in general, but I credit you for showing me the very positive personality traits that a lady can possess. I meant what I said about you being a beautiful woman, and I would expand that to say that you are a beautiful person….” The rest gets even better :)

No comments: