Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Song in My Head...not exactly a lullaby



I woke up this morning with a song in my head. It goes like….“ I remember the night we were dancing….my friend stole my sweetheart from me”. Hmmm…I am not sure if it’s an extension of my dream but I have no recollection of my dream last night at all. The only thing that has been repeating over and over is that song. Just seem to be drifting behind my mind. Even now that I’m typing, it’s there. (mocking me…perhaps)

I’ve had my share of bad dreams. It’s probably the effect of all emotional traumas that I have gone through. I wake up with my insides crying. There were no tears but I can feel my body sobbing. I’m experiencing it all over again. It’s interesting how the mind works and how it slaves or deceives the body. You see, I’ve seen these in the movies… I’ve never thought I would experience it myself. I now know how the veterans of wars feel when they had nightmares. I’ve had my share of wars…. and it’s visiting me in my dreams. Not a very pleasant visit or a welcomed one. Even though I mentioned that it’s interesting, needless to say… it’s not something that one wishes to happen to oneself. But I’m in it neck deep. When and how I can crawl out of this hole is still a question. All I can do is pray that my daughter be spared in her time.

So, for the Tennessee Waltz that woke me and is humming merrily at the back of my mind… hum on. I can handle the truth…I’ll probably sing along. :)

No comments: