Monday, August 13, 2007

When is a promise a promise? or am i just plain stupid?


It's been two years that he promised. A promise made in between tears. A promise i took although so many times he had made promises and none came through. My friends, if they knew, will probably bang my head to the wall. It's the unspoken threath of all who knew ( i guess they got tired of saying it to my face or to my back). I know i'm just pathetic, even i have no excuse.

They say i'm too nice, too soft, too trusting. But, the truth is that i have no trust left inside me anymore and that i'm too weak. I have always told myself, as long as he's the one coming back to me, it means that i am special. But i don't feel special, i feel used. He would say he love me but what is empty words?

He promised to get away from her...he promised to stay. He said he'll find another job, away from her. After two years, he's still there. He managed instead to get another part time job and to add to my torture... she's also there.

How much torture should i bear? How much pain i have to suffer? What am i waiting for? Thus my prayer every night.

No comments: